Friday, February 22, 2013

Bumps, in Life's Journeys....

Our road to fostering and adoption encountered a hiccup-or a bump--this past fall.  We were ONE phone call away--ONE HOME STUDY away from getting our license when we found out we were expecting our thirst biological child.  I would TOTALLLLY take a foster child and handle a newborn, if the state laws didn't require that child to have their own living space, etc. BUT, b/c of that, we do not have the physical space in our home to do the fostering thing, right now.  I look forward with GREAT.ANTICIPATION to the day of being able to pick up where we left off, with Florida Baptist Children's Home.  Our training/classes are good for 5 years--so we have plenty of time to adjust to this "bump" and become a NEW family of five.

We rejoice. We give God thanks.  I am reminded every day, as I look at my growing mid-section, of the doctors words 13 years ago "I cannot guarantee you'll ever be able to conceive children Jess, but let's hope for the best and do what we can to get you a family, when the time is right."  God's ways are NOT always our ways. ;o)  Grateful.  And well, still---a little overwhelmed!

I am 19 weeks today-here's a pix at 16.5 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment